Our Woodlands Values, Vision, & MissionWoodlands Vision
To plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit–Education For Life.
When you “plant trees”, you passionately understand that the little, well-planned and guided experiences you offer children now will grow into lifelong attitudes, skills and behaviours – “the shade.” Most probably you will not be around to see your work mature, but continue to work with children and their families because you see the greater good and the bigger picture for them and the world.
Education For Life
An education which empowers children to thrive and succeed in their current and then future environments.
To surround children and their families with knowledge to thrive and be active members of their community.
- Education. Not Babysitting- Providing families with the best educational experience.
- Thriving & Engaged Environments- Providing children with opportunities to grow and expand their learnings.
- Recycle & Up-Cycle- Sustainability and upcycling at Woodlands is encouraged in everything we do daily.
1# Woodlands Value - To Thrive
When we use “thrive” when speaking of educating children we mean we are not content with just doting “i”s and crossing ‘t”s. We create environments for children to flourish, to be set up for success, to grow strong and healthy, to make progress, to expand their learnings – to thrive.
2# Woodlands Value - Respect
You must have conviction. Respectfully challenge when you disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting; do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. But once a decision is made, we will commit to it wholeheartedly and leave ego at the door.
3# Woodlands Value - Relate
We know time is valuable, time for your family, time for fun, time for Woodlands. We need to communicate and ensure each team member understands the pressure of time and time management. Clearly communicating goals, actions and evaluations of each day are of prime importance.
4# Woodlands Value - Reflect
Our reflections embrace the concept of serving. We want to provide the best service for our families. We start with the family and work backwards to be able to provide a service that matches their expectations. Reflection on the services we provide is honest, respectful, agile and outcome-driven.
5# Woodlands Value - Agility
The Agility of mind and agility of learning – Agility of mind creates and embraces change, accepts that you don’t know everything, adapts, and improves. The agile learning environment is an educational space that is intentionally designed to be adjustable, exchangeable and moveable. Agile learning adapts to individual differences in environment, children, staff, cultures – the total environment. Agile learning creates differentiated learning awareness and is promoting a movement toward adjustment and adaptation of, content, process, product and the learning environments
6# Woodlands Value - Sustainability
Sustainability is not just recycling and having the “bins” to separate one piece of garbage from the other – it is so much more. Woodland's doe's not recycle, we upcycle. Sustainability and upcycling at Woodlands are encouraged in everything we do daily and include and continue to grow. At all Woodland Campuses we have – solar generation of power, gardens to encourage “plant to Plate”, use sustainable products in the children’s furniture and equipment, use recycled art supplies including paper, make links with the community to upcycle single-use materials including tyres, paper, make our own paint and
Woodlands Leadership Values
If you bring your passion, your sincerity, your whole self to Woodlands, and your overall a great human being - I am certain that together, we can deliver great education to our Woodland children, parents, and communities.
- Be Humble - We value individuals who believe their talents can be developed (through hard work, good strategies, and input from others). True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.
- Think Deeply, Move Quickly - In a world where everything is moving so rapidly, simply being fast isn’t enough; you have to be faster than anyone and everyone. Things don’t happen by sitting back. Things don’t happen by watching or waiting for others.
- Embrace Change - Change is a natural and constant part of life, especially in such a fast-paced world that we live in today. While not all change feels good, if we can handle it and look at it in the right light, growth, as well as good outcomes, can come from embracing change.
- Obsess Over Others - Obsession is a powerful and potentially positive mental state. An obsession, by definition, is something that excessively preoccupies the mind. We should always be thinking about each other, helping in tough situations and celebrating the good.
📔 Click Here To View The Woodlands Vision, Mission, and Values Story